Hampers Business Are you thinking of a great business idea that can cut across all seasons?
If yes, why not think of how to start Hampers Business.
Hampers and corporate gifts business is a good one.
Remarkably, people have an erroneous belief that hampers and corporate gifts are only relevant during Xmas.
Many believe its most needed during New Year celebration.
The notion is that that is when most companies are eagerly looking for means to reward customers’ loyalty.
In the real sense however, the sale of hampers certainly has no particular season.
This is because many people buy them for different reasons.
Some of these include Appreciation, Apology, Birthday, Christmas, Congratulations, Easter, Honeymoon, Get Well, I am Sorry, Mother’s Day, New Baby, New Home, Retirement, Sympathy, Thank You, Thinking of You, Valentine’s Day and Wedding.
The prices for hampers packs ranges from N1,500; N3,000; N5,000, N10,000 to N50,000.
You can also supply supermarkets in your area.
Hampers Business :Requirements For Starting Hampers Business In Nigeria:
Wrappers, an open space (kiosk or any other structure opens to the public), celotapes, experience, mobile phone(s) and business cards.
It does not require office and you don’t need any special education or any expensive equipment.
Select what items you want in the basket as gifts – groceries, beverages, wine, cutleries, cooking utensils, new baby items etc. and when they are fully wrapped, stick your business card by its side.
Estimated Capital: N50,000 – N300,000 depending on your capital
Hampers Business :Starting a Hamper Service Business
It is very simple to start your own hamper service business.
You just need a basket, a few items and a ton of colorful ideas that will tickle your soon to be hamper clients.
This business article will provide you with simple step-by-step system that is easy to follow but likely to help you become a success. The steps are:
1.Hampers Business :Write a hamper business plan.
Firstly, you have to start with a vision statement. Pinpoint “why” the reason you want to pursue this.
Make a list of ideas that you have for your business. Arrange it and try to make a realistic goal from out of it. Start from there. Do not wait until you have a perfect plan to start.
2.Hampers Business :Buy a book on Hamper Business.
Acquire ideas how to decorate and organize hampers.
Obtaining a simple book is a great way to expand your creative juices.
The book will help you see picture, descriptions, “how to” instructions, and just about everything on how to make your own hamper plan.
3. Hampers Business :Get a business license to operate and sell.
Ensure that you have the legal requirements of your business and consult with a business lawyer to help you.
4. Begin your operations at home.
Reduce your expenses and use resources that you already have.
Your home is the best choice where to start your hamper service business, if you are starting small.
5. Hampers Business :Hamper production.
Decide what you are going to use to fill the hamper.
A hamper could be customized, personal or use a theme.
Special events like Valentine’s Day and Christmas seasons are examples.
truffle chocolates with red wine or flowers could be used.
Also, you could do a baby essentials hamper that comes with a baby cap, comforters and pairs of scratch mittens.
You can also do corporate giveaway hampers. Be innovative!
not limit your imagination. Get ready at least a dozen of them in advance.
6. Hampers Business :Advertise for clients.
Create awareness about your business.
Attempt to advertise your hamper service business through newspaper ads and other marketing channels.
You can use flyers and brochures as well. Develop a business card too.
7. Hampers Business :pictures of your finished products.
Take pictures and label your finished products make it easier for your customers to look up your product lines.
You can load them into your website or print them into your catalog.
8. The right price for your service.
Make sure that your price for service is moderate.
Prepare a price range that will allow you to cover for the basket expense, items in the basket, shipping and your service charge.
9. Hampers Business :Delivery system.
Ensure that organize common routes for deliveries and delivery timely.
The delivery production system should specify delivery orders.
For instance, at least two days in advance notice.
10. Hampers Business :Listen to your customers.
Attend to your customers in a friendly manner.
Write down their comments and suggestions even their inquiries.
It is important you apply them into your business.
11. Get the necessary equipment
After deciding on a theme for your gift basket and estimating your start-up costs, the next step is to get all the supplies you need.
Now with respect to packaging, you can either use baskets or boxes.
But be sure that you use a unique design and personalize your gift baskets.
List of equipment needed to start a gift basket business
- Adornment/decorative items
- Wrapping papers
- Gift basket and containers
- Filler items
- Thin wire and wire cutter
- Fabric pieces/scraps, linen
- Gift cards
- Glue and glue gun
- Hole puncher
- Adhesive tapes, etc.
12. Hampers Business :Source for suppliers
This is a very important step because you may need to be getting your supply on credit basis.
Since you are starting out with low capital.
You have to look for a supplier that will be supplying you with good wrapping papers, ribbons, food items, toys and other things you may need to put in the basket.
13. Hire additional hands
It is quite a stressful business especially when you are the one weaving your own baskets or designing your own boxes.
Therefore, employ additional hands that will help you in your gift basket business and train them yourself.
So that they operate without much supervision.
14. Hampers Business :Branding and Basket Design
This is one of the most important criteria for successfully running a gift basket business.
It has to do with knowing what to place inside the basket and how to price each basket.
Proper pricing is very important to ensure that your gift baskets cover the supplies, cost of labor, the basket or box you used and still return you a profit.
15. Innovative plans and Tips for Marketing your Gift Basket Business
Marketing strategy determine the profit of your gift basket business.
Therefore, organize your sales chart properly and employ the necessary skills it needs.
Note that businesses run smoothly on generated sales. Ensure you market your business very well.
- Know your competitors very well – It is important that you know your competitors well and the kind of themes and designs they use. Ensure that you give your customers a special service that they cannot find with other similar businesses.
- Be current – You should also be updated with the modern ideas and techniques of your industry.
- Donation – Another way to market your business is to donate some of your gift baskets to charities or churches.
- Right display – Ensure that you display them in shops/retail store but be sure that the gift baskets bear the name of your business. For instance, if your gift basket has a theme for babies, you can leave them in shops selling baby accessories.
- Social media marketing – You can also market your business on the internet using media such as e-Bay, Amazon and Etsy. It will make your business known by people not only in your community but worldwide.
- Online directories – You can also place your product/services on online directories.
- Create a website – This is an effective online marketing strategy is to create a website to advertise your gift baskets. There are a lot of benefits you stand to gain when you start a gift basket business.
- You can start it from home by setting aside a space in your house solely for it.
- Creating a website bring in more customers and network with other prospective partners.
Those are what you need on how to start Hampers Business in Nigeria
If you need a complete business plan, please let us know. Or, you want us to help you set up this business, kindly contact us. Otherwise, Please check out these other business ideas you can do .