Impact Clients: Starting a residential cleaning service is a great way to get a home-based business going, and it does not require a lot of startup funding.
To be successful you do need clients, however. Attracting clients for your cleaning service does not have to be difficult.
If you provide a reliable service at a reasonable price, you will have no shortage of people wanting to hire you.
Attract clients to a residential cleaning service by increasing your visibility, asking for referrals from satisfied customers, and offering coupons and discounts.
Get expert advice on becoming a successful business owner with BusinessHAB Business category! Our step-by-step articles can help you navigate the ins and outs of the business world, from forming a public limited company (PLC) to measuring company growth of an existing company. Learn how to avoid unionization of a company, identify industry trends, implement efficiency strategies, and more! You can request publication of your article for publication by sending it to us via our Email below. firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS/WhatsApp) or call +2347034920650. Get the 20 Best Strategized Fuel Tanker Business Plan
Develop a marketing plan. Increasing your visibility in your community will attract clients to your cleaning service.
- Print flyers, postcards, business cards, and other materials that describe your business and provide contact information. You can mail these, hand them out or post them anywhere that business solicitations are permitted.
- Advertise whenever you can. Your business might benefit from print ads in your local newspaper, or free online ads on sites such as Craigslist. Radio advertisements can also be affordable and easy to produce.
List yourself in the Yellow Pages and other community directories and phone books. Many people turn to these places when they need a resource, so you want to make sure you are there under “cleaning services” or something similar.
Ask for referrals. If your current clients are happy with the cleaning services you provide, ask them to recommend you to their contacts.
- Look to your own network for referrals. Ask for help from friends, family, neighbors, and social groups.
- Invite, friends and clients to “like” or “follow” your social networking pages. This is a great way to build your base of potential clients.
Promote your cleaning services with coupons and discounts. People love saving money, and a great coupon or special price will get the attention of potential customers.
- Offer a deep discount for the first cleaning service.
- Provide a discount to clients who refer you to other customers. Rewarding your current clients for new business will keep them happy and give them a great incentive to recommend you.
Pay attention to your professional image. Part of attracting clients is making a good impression.
- Wear a uniform or clean clothes that fit well. While you are providing a cleaning service and plan to get dirty, you do not want to show up looking sloppy or unkempt.
- Keep your vehicle clean and maintained as well. If you have people who work for you, make sure they follow your dress and image requirements.
Build a professional network. The more people you get to know, the more you are able to promote your business and gain new clients.
- Join your local Chamber of Commerce. Look for other opportunities with local business groups as well.
Do a good job. It will be hard to attract clients if you do not offer a great service for a reasonable price.
- Ask for evaluations periodically. Leave surveys for your clients to complete, or check-in via email to make sure they are satisfied. You can use any positive remarks as testimonials.
- Address any problems or concerns immediately.
Make sure your client is happy with your service by calling or emailing them after each cleaning.
Stay flexible, especially when you are first starting out and trying to attract clients. Having a “no job is too small” attitude will help you get more work, as will taking on jobs that other cleaning services might avoid.