To get a job working for FedEx, you must have experience in a field related to the position you want to apply for or seek work in an entry-level position.
At this time, the only way to apply for a FedEx job is to send an application through the FedEx website on the Internet.
Continue reading to learn about how to obtain a FedEx job and access the online FedEx application.
Do you have any well-written article you would like to publish on BusinessHab? You can request publication of your article for publication by sending it to us via our Email below. Do You Have any information to share with us? Do well to contact us on Email below.
Finding the Job you Want to Apply For
Find a location where you can access the internet.
FedEx posts jobs online, and you will also need to submit your application online.
Therefore, you will need to access the internet.
- If you do not have access to the internet at home, try visiting your local library where you can often use the internet free of charge.
- In some cities, there are also internet cafes where you can pay a small fee to use their computers and the internet.
Access the FedEx careers website.
Click this link to access the careers page.
- Be aware that some browsers may display information differently.
- Ultimately this information will be in about the same place, but if you can’t find it, try searching for “Careers” in the FedEx search box.
Enter your FedEx job search criteria.
You can search for jobs by location (country and state), operating company (e.g. if you want to work for a specific division of FedEx), job category (e.g. Accounting, Human Resources, Warehouse, and Distribution, etc.), or keyword if are looking for a very specific job.
- If you want to see all of the jobs available in a specific country or state, you can select only the country (and state, if you wish) to see every job available in that location.
- Alternatively, if you want to see all the locations where a specific job is available you can leave the country and state locations empty and select only the job category.
Browse the results.
A list of available jobs based on your criteria will come up. Go through these jobs carefully, and make note of those you find interesting.
- If you find a particular job interesting, click on the link for any job within the “Job Title” column. This will take you to an overview of the job; including the job responsibilities, minimum qualifications and requirements, essential functions of the job, and the guidelines for driving quality in that specific position (if applicable).
Determining which Jobs you are Qualified for
Open a browser window for each of the jobs you have found interesting.
If there are many jobs you are potentially interested in applying for it might be difficult to keep all of the information straight.
Having each job in a browser window of its own will allow you to look at each job individually.
- This will also keep you from having to start your search over again when you apply for each job.
Read the job details of each job carefully.
There is a lot of information to take in, but reading each one carefully will help you weed out jobs that are not suitable for you.
For example, if you find a job interesting, but is located in another country.
If you are not willing to relocate, you can easily cross that job off your list.
Thus, you save yourself time in the end.
- You can also weed out unwanted jobs by narrowing your initial search criteria.
Determine which jobs you are qualified for.
Applying for the Job
Log in to or create your FedEx Career profile.
In order to apply for any FedEx jobs, you must create a profile on the FedEx website.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button, which can be found by scrolling to the very bottom or very top of the webpage that displays the description of a particular FedEx job.
- Enter your log-in and password into the fields provided, then click on the “Login” button.
- If this is your first time applying for a FedEx position, click instead on “Fill out an online form” to begin creating your profile.
- If you are creating a new account, enter your personal information into the fields provided to create the account; including your name, address, email address, phone number, and resume.
Complete the FedEx job application.
Be sure to read all instructions carefully, and proofread your answers to make sure everything is correct.
- Enter your personal and employment history into the fields on the resume provided.
- You will be asked to provide information including the hours and days you are available to work, any felony or criminal history you may have, your educational background, personal and professional references, and details regarding your most recent employers.
- Click on the “Submit” button to proceed to the next step of the application process.
- You will then be asked to indicate if you want to provide voluntary information about your gender and race.
- Click on the “Submit” button once again after you have provided any voluntary information you wish to provide. Your resume and application will then be sent to the FedEx recruitment office presiding over the department of the position you applied for.
Apply for the next job.
Wait for the FedEx recruitment office to contact you for a job.
Prepare for the Interview.
Do not underestimate the importance of preparation!
- Make sure you have taken time to learn about FedEx’s mission statement and values.
- Dress appropriately for your interview. If you want to be taken seriously, you’ll need to look nice.
- Have good hygiene. Show up freshly bathed and well-groomed.
- Be confident, but courteous. It is important to be confident, but being confident does not mean that you should be rude or arrogant.
- Be polite to each person you come in contact with during the interview process.
- You never know who might be making the final decision.
Although FedEx does not currently allow you to follow up with the recruitment office regarding any specific job you have applied for, you can apply for more than one FedEx job by returning to the FedEx Career website and logging in to your profile using your log-in and password.
You can then submit your application to any other positions that interest you.
Make sure your resume is in top shape.
If your resume does not look neat and organized or is filled with spelling mistakes, you are unlikely to be considered for any job you might apply for.