Nigeria National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number that is issued by the Nigeria Computerised National Identity Management System (NCIDC). The NIN is used for authenticating an individual’s identity and as a standard means of identifying citizens, permanent residents, and naturalised Nigerians.
It is a 12-digit alphanumeric number used to uniquely identify individuals or organisations. It serves as an important personal identifier in the Nigerian digital ecosystem.
Due to its significance, it is very essential to link MTN NIN with MTN account before activating the new SIM card. This article will provide you with all the details on how you can link your MTN NIN with MTN account to enjoy seamless services by the telecommunication company.
Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value. You can request publication of your article for publication by sending it to us via our Email below. email@example.com or SMS/WhatsApp) or call +2347034920650. Click here to start business now with businesshab.com
How to Link NIN to MTN in Nigeria – The Step-by-Step Guide
Nigeria has been ranked among the top five most difficult countries to get a local phone number.
Many foreigners and even locals have experienced difficulties getting a Nigerian telephone number.
Once you get your hands on one, the next thing you need to get is linking that MTN Nigeria SIM with your NIN.
In this article, we will guide you step by step how to link your MTN Nigeria SIM with NIN and enjoy uninterrupted services from your telecommunication company. Follow along…
What is NIN?
NIN, or the National Identification Number is the official identification number used in Nigeria, in the same way as the Social Security Number (SSN) is used in the United States.
It is a ten digit number issued to every Nigerian, by the National Bureau of Statistics.
How to register for NIN online?
You can register for a NIN online at https://nbi.gov.ng/nbi_online_registration_portal.html, or visit your nearest NIN Registration Center.
A NIN is valid for 5 years. You need to remember to renew your NIN if you intend to keep using it. This can be done online again.
You do not have to visit a registration center if your NIN is still valid.
How to link MTN SIM with NIN?
Once you have purchased a SIM card from MTN and have it in your hands, the next thing you will need to do is link it to your NIN.
To do this, follow the steps below: – Dial *121# or dial *789# and select option 3 to select My Services.
– Select option 5 to select Change NIN (or select option 1 to select Change Password).
– Input your NIN, select option 1 to input your old SIM number and input your new SIM number. – Select option 1 to select Change NIN.
– Select option 1 to confirm.
Tips when linking your MTN SIM to NIN
– Make sure to keep your NIN and SIM card safe and secure.
If a SIM card is lost or stolen, you can deactivate it instantly by following the steps above.
You can then apply for a new SIM card and link it to your NIN again.
– If more than one person has access to your NIN, it can cause delays in services from banks and other financial institutions.
Using one NIN for everyone in a household will solve this problem.
– If you have a business and you want to use your NIN for it, you will need to apply for a Corporate NIN first.
A Corporate NIN is different from a regular NIN in that it allows companies to use a single NIN to identify all of the employees they employ.
– If you are applying for a NIN for the first time, the processing time is 7 working days. You will receive a text message when this is processed and activated.
– Remember that only the first 10 digits of a NIN are used by service providers.
– Be careful when giving out your NIN to others.
– You can link your NIN to other service providers including your bank account, health insurance, and others.
– You can also change your NIN, but this is only for people who have lost their NIN.
– Do not share your NIN online or on social media.
– Always store your NIN and SIM card in a secure place.
– Do not change your NIN unless you have a very good reason to do so.
– Always be careful when using your NIN.
A NIN is an important part of your identity.
It is used for many different things and can be linked to your bank account, health insurance, and much more.
Because of this, you need to take care of your NIN and make sure that no one else has access to it, as it can be used to steal your identity.
If you change your NIN, you need to make sure that you inform anyone who has linked it to their services.
Be caruefl with your NIN and make sure that you protect it as much as possible.