20 Self-employment business ideas in Nigeria to do: Today I’m going to show you 20 Self-employment business ideas in Nigeria to do. Nigerians have been indulging in these businesses and they have fetched for themselves millions of Naira over the years.
Now considering the facts that Nigeria is in the so call recession era as at the time this article was written by me, I will like to get started based on order of priority thus:
(1) Frying Food Business: Here in Nigeria this business grows fast since it consumed daily and also cheap to operate/run and buy. Such include the frying of Akara (Beans Cake), Eggroll, meat pie, yam chips frying, plantain frying, fried rice etc.
- 1.It’s does not need much capital to run it.
- 2.Get your frying pot or pan, get your flying spoon, mortar & pistol, get those necessary floors etc.
- 3.location is never a problem you can even start it in your house if You can do it good people will look for you no matter the location.
(2) Water Mellon Business: Wow, if you have ever tasted watermelon and ask for me it’s the business am talking about. It sales more in dry season and people get it in an affordable price depending on your pocket to afford either less or more. One of my friends in Lagos confess that he has been making over #800,000 yearly from watermelon sales.
(3) Shoe Maker Business/Production: People wear shoes on a daily basis for their various business and shoes have problems also on a daily basics If you obtain training on how to produce shoes and repair you can get materials from aba, in Abia state big market or head to the northern part to get them at a reduced rate and you will be making cool income regularly. Daily #10,000+ and monthly 200,000+ profits.
(4) Restaurant Business: This is another business that will always be and it pays well. The only time it will not pay is once the world sizes to exist, because people eat in a daily basics. Opening a restaurant fetches you cool in come daily so I recommend it too if you are good in it or obtain training and start very fast.
(5) Soap Production: If you can manipulate chemicals and turn it to soap then this is your time. Now I don’t mean doing silly acts that will kill people or be offensive to the skin all I mean is that go obtain a 3 or 6 months training and be certified to produce those soaps. If people bath daily then you will make thousands daily too.
(6) Cosmetics Business: If you can produce cosmetics you can as well make money.
(7) Importation Business: yes, it’s here on the list, importation business is one business that have been giving people millions monthly. If you can import goods from abroad at a cheaper rate, then why not reduce the price compared to what is selling here in Nigeria…reduce the price=sale more quick=make more money fast.
(8) Online Registration: This business does not need you owning a cyber cafe. You can rent an open space outside at a cheaper price usually yearly payments and start registering people for exams such as WAEC, JAMB, NECO, NABTEP, scholarship exams, NYSC etc. You, can make 15,000 daily in this business.
(9) Fruits Business: This business is self-explanatory all you need to do is get to villages or communities Such goods can be gotten in a cheaper price buy more get to spot it is in high demand and start making your money alaba-alaba. There are some foreign fruits that sale fast in Nigeria. Get to know them import them and start making: -$ money.
(10 Craftsmanship: are you good in craft then you can produce craft and sale such as raffia chairs, wooden plates & cups, such can be supplied in event’s like wedding (traditional marriage). Also you can school people on it and charge them a fee.
(11) Data and Vouchers Business: Data business, you subscribe or purchase huge data bundle plan from your service provider (resale pack) and distribute to people at a cheaper rate compared to the ISP [internet service provider] offer for more patronage. Also talking about voucher or airtime you can buy in bulk in a cheaper price and sale out and make your money daily. Doing this type of business pays #5,000+ daily and #50,000+ monthly.
(12) Bets Investment/Betting Shop: Yeah, it’s here, I mean betting, am talking about running a bet shop, be it football bet, basketball bet etc. My research has proven that this people make nothing less than #50,000 daily from this business and runs close to a million monthly. Hope it’s a nice business but before starting ask those doing it to find out the processes involved.
(13) Laundry Service: This business anybody can do it, so while folding your arms complaining of no work, blaming the government will not help rather putting a thought over this might go a long way to help. All you need do is get a washing machine, rent a space or start in your house if there is no money for renting a shop and start washing and ironing people’s clothes for a fee you will be making over 10k daily.
(14) Barbing Saloon: Get a shop, open a barbing saloon and cut people’s hair for a fee. But you must get trained to make it better. They make over 10k daily too.
20 Self-employment business ideas in Nigeria to do
(15) Pure Water Business: Pure water business in Nigeria have been paying off very well daily over the years. You don’t need to have a company before you can start. Buy from the company at a cheaper price and sale out for a profit.
(16) Home and Events Decoration: events decoration is a very lucrative business I recommend anyone to venture into. If you are good at this you could be earning at least #20,000-naira daily decorating events, like burial place, marriages, programs etc. for a fee.
(17) Oil and Gas Business: Am happy you are here reading this, now talk you need do is get to mega stations and purchase either, fuel, kerosene or cooking gas in wholesale package for a reduce rate and resale and start making money. Usually if you have old stocks you could still sale at the same price or higher especially if its limited in supply and make cool income. Basically, you can be making over 100k monthly.
20 Self-employment business ideas in Nigeria to do
(18) Phones/Laptop Sales Repairs: Am telling you my good friend reading this that this is what are boys are doing right now and smiling to the bank. All you have to do is get a proper training, get your tools, get a space, fix your banner and see the influx of people especially if you can do it well. You will be making over #200k couple with the sales of phone (Belgium or brand new), and laptops etc.
(19) Hairdressing Saloon Business: This fit women most but due to exposure, and technology in today’s 21st century anybody can do anything. If you have been trained, then you are good to go but if not rush now because there Is good money in it. Fixing of hair could cost about 15-30k+, some as high as 80k+ so why not get trained and start making money like mad daily.
(20) Battery Charging/Sales: Due to poor lighting in Nigeria one can go into this business by importing stuff like inverter for storing charges for lighting the house, car battery for cars, you can as well charge them for people for a fee Selling if inverter could range from buying at say 40k and selling at say 70k see the profits margin.
In the end, this segment have talked about what you can lay your hands on and kill hunger. That is, 20 Self-employment business ideas in Nigeria to do. What are you waiting for? Oya! get up and get to work…