businesssuite facebook: Do you want to mention your friends’ names so they see your Facebook posts? Or do you want to tag a person in a picture that they are in? If you want to tag someone in a Facebook post or photo so other people can quickly check out their profile, it’s super easy to do. Another way to tag on Facebook is to mention the person’s name, which is just an easy way to alert a friend to a post or comment. This article teaches you how to tag and mention people on Facebook using the mobile app on Android, iPhone, or iPad, or a computer.
Things You Should Know
- You can tag or mention people from your computer or using the mobile app on Android or iOS.
- Add tags by clicking or tapping the tag icon and then selecting the profile as it appears.
- If you can’t seem to tag someone, it’s most likely because that person has prevented themselves from being tagged by other people.
Open the Facebook app. It’s a blue app icon with a white f.
- Log in, if you’re not signed in automatically.
- You may not be able to tag some people or businesses due to their privacy settings.
- It’ll open the “Create post” page.
Begin typing their name in your post. As long as their privacy isn’t preventing them from being mentioned or tagged, their name should appear as you’re typing.
For example, if your friend’s name is Amanda Smith and you type Amanda, you’ll see all your friends named Amanda. You can shorten the results list by continuing to type her last name.
This works if your friend has a nickname in their profile as well! For example, your friend has her Facebook profile set up as “Stephanie Stevie Smith.” You can type Stevie and “Stephanie Stevie Smith” will appear as you type. Tap that name and it’ll become a mention for “Stevie”!
Tap the other person’s name. You don’t have to be formal in your post, so you can click “Amanda Smith” to mention her with the name “Amanda” instead of typing out her full name in the post.
- Tap Post when you’re ready to publish the post. The mentioned person will receive a notification that they’ve been mentioned. That person as well as their friends (even if they aren’t your friends) will be able to read that post.